Our vans might be small but you can cook up the biggest feasts! We parked up at Cala comte watched the sunset, and Paul cooked a veggie paella!! Just because you’re on the road shouldn’t mean that you need to live off basic and boring meals. Road trippers need proper food to fill their bellies and fuel their adventures. We had the tonic on ice, ibizan lemons sliced and the gin ready to pour.
It was a relatively easy dish and soo tasty here’s how you can make yours:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups of paella rice
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- 2 cups of Veg stock
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 cup of frozen/fresh peas
- handful of long green beans or any other veg you fancy
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add rice; cook, stirring to coat, until rice is translucent, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in paprika, saffron and veg stock, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon (the best bit) Add garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed almost all liquid, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in peas and other veg
- squeeze of lemon
To make it easy we can provide paella packs for you. You can collect on arrival or we can deliver to any location.